Kent County RI Information
Kent County RI Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||167,059 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||165,896 (99.3%) |
|Population in Families ||131,623 (78.8%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||1,163 ( 0.7%) |
|Population Density ||991 |
|Diversity Index2 ||28 |
|Median Household Income ||$67,824 |
|Average Household Income ||$93,778 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 15% |
|Per Capita Income ||$39,181 |
|Wealth Index5 ||110 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||75,247 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||49,807 (66.2%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||19,973 (26.5%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||5,467 ( 7.3%) |
|Median Home Value ||$245,993 |
|Average Home Value ||$293,633 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||130 |
|Total Households ||69,780 |
|Average Household Size ||2.38 |
|Family Households ||43,922 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||0.05% ||0.09% |
|Households ||0.16% ||0.14% |
|Families ||0.04% ||0.06% |
|Median Household Income || ||1.37% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.92% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||0.17% |
Kent County RI - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Kent County to the other 5 counties and county equivalents in Rhode Island by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 2 ||80th |
|Population Density ||# 3 ||60th |
|Median Household Income ||# 4 ||40th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 4 ||80th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 4 ||40th |
|Diversity Index ||# 3 ||60th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Rhode Island Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Rhode Island Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Rhode Island COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.